WANAKI

The EYE of the Hurricane

WANAKI

WANAKI

Spanish Club

December Update

This fall, Spanish Club members volunteered in two activities during Halloween as part of our yearly activities. One group of members of the Spanish Club participated in walking the second graders down Main Street to take them trick-or-treating. This Halloween parade is always a highlight for our students! Another group of students helped the 5th graders at their skating party. Spanish club members tied skates, supervised students, and skated with the students.

Members of the Spanish Club serving root beer floats.

In addition to Halloween activities, we have been helping with Christmas parties as well. We’ve had over twenty students help the Intermediate School third-graders build gingerbread houses! Senior Spanish Club officer, Erin Ewert, said, “I really enjoyed helping build these castles with kids. They really appreciated the help, as working with the frosting became quite messy! I would do it again in a heartbeat!”

The club also is also actively fundraising for a field trip that will take place in the Spring. The club will be attending a play and doing other cultural activities in the Twin Cities. We did our first root beer float fundraiser last month and have been working the concession stand for some of the basketball games.